Jessica was interviewed by a friend recently, It was very interesting. She ended the interview by agreeing to write interview questions for others. I thought this was a great idea. Here are the questions that she came up with.
1. What is your favorite thing to do with your two kids? It always looks like you all enjoy spending time together.
I love to read and do art projects with Korby. She is my little reader! Most things to do with art, she will attempt.
Kalen and I like reading together. Everyday we read out loud together. He has grown so much as a reader and I’m extremely proud of that! He is 13, so we don’t have alot in common anymore.
2. Ok- you’ve been knitting up a storm lately- what is the total hat count right now? Also, what’s next on your project list?
I think I have made somewhere around 10 hats, some of them are not worth wearing. 🙂 Its so much fun. On my project list…I just signed up for a knitting class! I’m so excited and nervous at the same time! I start on Monday night and will definitely be filling you in on how that goes!
3. You have a goal of reading thirty books this year. In this past year, what was your favorite read and why?
Any newer books by Mary Higgins Clark I read in 2008. I love to read fiction books, its a great escape from my day to day life. Kalen and I read Burn Journals. I highly recommend this book. Its a true story and somewhat intense. Its a great look into a teenagers mind and makes you thankful for life, even when its crazy! I set a goal to read 30 books this year, just for a different kind of goal. I’m off to a slow start…..but I’m still reading!
4. I am so interested in homeschooling. How did you get interested in homeschooling your son?
My neighbor home schooled for years and I always thought it was great, but that I was not smart enough to do it. Our son Kalen’s transition into middle school was not good. His grades were slipping and he was falling behind while everyone else was moving forward. We started during the summer and he responded quickly. He is so much more confident in his academics. Its alot of hard work, but so worth it. Kalen is doing so good with his school work. He surprises me more every day!
5. You always seem to be giving gifts, you made all those corn bags (my favorite) and now hats. What is your favorite gift to give?
I like to give out “thoughtful gifts”. If I know the person well enough, I try to give them the little things that they enjoy. I enjoying making things for people. It makes me feel good. Its great to see a person smile when you do something for them they were not expecting.
Those are my answers. Thanks Jessica…that was fun! I would love to write interview questions for you. I will write them for the first five people who comment asking. Just leave your email and I’ll get them to you.
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.